Getpregnant Fertility Support Forum  

Go Back   Getpregnant Fertility Support Forum > Welcome to the getpregnant community > Mothers Room

Old 30th June 2011, 09:30 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to Jana Send a message via Skype™ to Jana
Default Update on me

Hi ladies

Contrary to popular belief I have not dropped off the planet. We are doing well but busy. Leander is now 16 months, babbling and running around the place. He has even had a temper tantrum or two, definately got his strong will from me!! He is currently cutting his first molars as well as eye teeth.

I went in for and op on my wrist on Monday (typing with a cast on my arm, not fun!) It's called a De Quervain injury an a lot of mommies have it without realising. It's the pain you get in the wrist of the arm you use to carry baby around. The inflamation in mine just got so severe over the past year that I couldn't even pick up Leander without crying in pain. The cast will be removed on Monday.

Hubby is still working overseas. He is currently at home until the end of July. We are going on holiday in the Phillippines in September for tax purposes and I really can't wait.
We are not actively trying TTC until September but a suprise would not be unwelcome. I've put off going back to the FS till we come back from holiday.

We went for a family photoshoot last week, I'll try and attach some pics.

How are the rest of you mommies doing?

Jana
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_8628rev.jpg (98.6 KB, 5 views)
TTC baby No2, March 2011
IUI Dec 11-BFN
IUI Feb 12-BFN
IUI March 12 - BFP, MC @ 5 1/2 weeks
Holding off on TTC till Spring '12
Ovarian drilling no 2 July 2012
IUI March 13-BFN

Never give up!!

Sponsored Links
Old 30th June 2011, 10:33 PM

Hi Jana!
So good to hear from you again. Never heard about that inflammation injury?! Tell more...is it in your wrist?? What do they do when they operate? Glad to read that you have a POA and that you are patiently waiting to put that into place.

I can't believe that Leander is growing up so quickly - you will soon be planning his 2nd birthday. Time flies! Love you pics!!

AFM
After 3 very strong OV-cycles with Femara (2 cycles ..with 2 eggies)..I'm still not pg. Taking a break for this round (also going on a holiday break) and will then start with Menopur injections and timed intercourse during my Jul/Aug cycle. Apparently only after that is unsuccesful will the FS consider IUI. In my case...it is truly unexplained infertility at this stage. He did more blood tests and with my tubes being open...DH sperm being excellent...and no obvious problems noticed after my LAP in Oct 2010....it is a mistery why I can't fall pg. I guess only something like IVF will shed more light on my egg guality..and I truly hope I won't end up doing IVF. I would so like to fall pg with not so much intervention.
TTC#1 =3yr2m
TTC#2 =3m
TTC#3 =2yr

Journey started: May 2009 (Gr II Endo)
Total cycles TTC: 64
Clomid/Femara/Inject cycles: 20
IUI: 2
IVF: 1
Lap/Hyst: 4
Miomect: 1
Polipect: 1
D&E: 2
Missed MC: 2
Chem Pg: 4

My Ovulation Chart
Old 1st July 2011, 07:55 AM

Hi Jana,

So good to hear from you. Wow, it feel like no so long ago when you were still preggo! And I think a little sister/brother would be perfect round about now...

I've heard of carpel tunnel syndrome (not too sure of spelling) but never what you had. I hope your wrist is healing nicely.

Don't be a stranger! And hugs to Leander.
2 X Failed IUI in 2010
2 X Failed IVF in 2010
Natural BFP after lap in Feb 2011

Thanking God for my miracle.

Old 1st July 2011, 09:48 AM

Hi Jana, good to hear from you.
Sorry about the op, but sounds like you are recovering well

Sounds like Leander is growing beatifully

Wow, a holiday in the Phillipines, lucky lucky - hope you guys have an awesome time

TTC: 4 1/2 years, 2 Angels in heaven

Getslim.co.za banner