Getpregnant Fertility Support Forum  

Go Back   Getpregnant Fertility Support Forum > Welcome to the getpregnant community > Mothers Room

Old 26th July 2012, 01:35 PM

Send a message via Skype™ to Elvera

Jip, I researched it a bit. All of the seats are more or less the same these days, but I liked the side wings next to the face as to protect them from shattered glass of other things flying through the window.

I bought them from the Baby Expo from the Edenvale branch. Ricaro has various branches. Where do you live? I can find out for you where the nearest branch for you will be.

Carla has started to become aware of her body and compares it to mine. When we bath together she would look at my boobies and say that I have big ones and she'll look at her own and say that they are small... Just want to eat her up!!!
DS: 20 Jun 2013 - Water birth

Old 26th July 2012, 02:12 PM

Thanks so much!! I am in the Killarney/Rosebank area... Yes the side protectors look great - I can see it online... it looks good! I was also looking at the Graco 3-in-1 seat - I can see it online too in America and it is exactly half the price there - crazy!!

aaaah that is so cute!! the things they come out with!! Shoshi is taking note of her hands - she sticks them out and stares at them - so cute!!
Nov 2009: 1 x laproscopy - severe endo cleaned
July 2010: 1st IVF cycle - BFN
Sept & Oct 2010: 4th & 5thcycle clomid - BFN
May 2011: 2nd IVF cycle - T"G its a BFP!! TWINS!!!!
Beautiful twins born 17 Jan 2012!!!!

So far mommy to 2 beautiful twins and my favourite surprise LG!!

NBL7p2

Old 27th July 2012, 11:33 AM

Good morning ladies,

Finally feeling better. I had a respiratory tract infection... Not nice. Now I'm getting an ear infection from the same thing!!!

Anyway, How are you all doing?

Aviva, toothies are so exciting once their out. We've been getting out fingers bitten ever since Kay got hers.

I agree with Elvera. We also got the Recaro Young Sport. She currently uses her Bebe-Confort seat in my car and the Recaro in daddy's car, but we'll be getting a second one for my car (easier, if more expensive, than trying to take it out and re-install in another car). But she loves it and seems more comfy in it, plus she can sleep quite nicely in it...

What are the weekend plans?
2 X Failed IUI in 2010
2 X Failed IVF in 2010
Natural BFP after lap in Feb 2011

Thanking God for my miracle.

Last edited by Keisha; 27th July 2012 at 11:36 AM.
Old 27th July 2012, 12:04 PM

Good FRIDAY morning

Keisha - so glad you are feeling better!! Ouch - hope your ear infection clears soon - those are the worst!! How are your babsies?

I think poor Gavi is definately getting a tooth... my poor boy is not happy!! I just hope it comes through soon!! Busy putting the Ashtons powder on, teejel he doesnt like... dont want to give him panado too much... anything else that helps? he has teething toys... hehe its quite cute though - he loves grabbing my thumb and putting it in his mouth now...

So you also reccomend the Recaro? I think maybe I must go with it... so irritated when i look at sites from US and UK - these things are literally half the price there!!

hmmm not much happening over the weekend... We have a fast day on sunday which I am really NOT looking forward too... U guys??

NBL7p2

Old 27th July 2012, 01:30 PM

Hi Aviva,

I must say, I agree with you regarding the prices here vs overseas. I try to import most of what I need, as long as the taxes are not too high. We got the seat from the Baby Expo at the Dome. The prices were really good, especially if you go on the last day. Almost everything is 50% off...

I tried these wipes from dischem... I just can't think of the name... but they are really sweet and you keep them in the fridge. They kinda numb the gums for a while... I also used Ashtons and Parsons powders, which kinda helped. I would also give her something sweet (apple/pear) in that feeling net thingie... it kept her busy for a while and massaged the gums...

MissK has a birthday party to go to plus they have mini-olympics at school, so there goes my saturday...
2 X Failed IUI in 2010
2 X Failed IVF in 2010

Sponsored Links
Old 27th July 2012, 01:48 PM

Send a message via Skype™ to Elvera

Hello!

Having a bit of a hectic week, but hey it's Friday!!

Keisha: Hope you feel better soon and that your ear does not get worse! DH & are having a date night tonight, we have to go buy bathroom mirrors tomorrow, then a braai at friend in the afternoon. On Sunday we are meeting friend's from Secunda in Sandton for lunch. So now that I've put it on paper it sounds like a hectic weekend

Aviva: Aaaaaaw sweet man!! The little guy grabbing your finger to chew on. C also preferred my fingers to teething rings. Come to think of it, she did not really use her teething rings...My cousin is a pharmacist and their little boy is 4 years older that C. They recommended Dynexan for teething. She had a little tube everywhere...in the nappy bag, in the car, one in each room...hehehe!!

Oke, guess I'll have to go finish my work now...Enjoy your weekend!!!

xxx
DS: 20 Jun 2013 - Water birth

Old 31st July 2012, 11:28 AM

Good Morning ladies

How are you all doing? How were your weekends?

Elvera - hope your weekend wasnt too hectic?! How is the building going? Thanks for the info - will try it!!

Keisha - how are you feeling?

Lelanie? How are you?

Did any of you ladies do a first aid/cpr course for babies? I got such a fright yesterday - Gavi nearly choked while eating - so scary - he turned red - TG he started crying and was ok - but I definately want to go on one ASAP so i know what to do... if any of you have been can you recommend where to go?

NBL7p2

Old 1st August 2012, 09:33 AM

Morning ladies

Aviva - That must have been very scary. I'm ashamed to admit no, I haven't done any courses

What was Gavi eating that he choked?
Has a toofie come through yet?

How are they eating?

Keisha - How is K & K doing?

Elvera - How is your madam?

My big madam drives me crazy, she is such high maintenance I swear I'm going to land up in groendakkies
Jason is just a sweetie pie still, love that boy to bits - not saying I don't love C - she just currently tests me more :P

TTC: 4 1/2 years, 2 Angels in heaven
Old 2nd August 2012, 11:09 AM

Hi ladies

How is everyone this blooody freezing almost weekend morning?

Lelanie - was soooo scary - I am so doing a course ASAP!! he was eating his pureed veggies - problem was he was way over tired - and i was told to try egg before - which he hated - so i quickly warmed up some veggies for him because i didnt want him to go to sleep hungry - and i stuck the spoon in and i dont know if he thought it was more egg and he was screaming and i wanted him to taste to see and it must have gone down the wrong way... just this eating thing stresses me out so much - i am so scared they dont eat enough - then i am scared i am forcing them or causing them to hate food and get eating disorders so i try not to force - but sometimes when they havent eaten a lot or u just dont know... and i never know amounts and how much to give... so far they have 6 spoons of cereal mixed with half a yoghurt each and a bottle for breakfast (they usually have most of it), then usually have a snack at 10ish... at 11:15ish they have lunch of veggies and either fish (they really LOVE fish) or chicken or meat (trying mince meat for the first time today) - I freeze it into ice cubes so they end up having 2 cubes of the protein (which is mooshed with veggies), as well as 2 cubes of sweet potato, 2 cubes of carrot and a cube of either baby marrow, green beans, broccoli or cauliflower, they usually finish most of it, sometimes they need some convincing towards the end - though when its fish they polish it all off, then they have a bottle at 2:30, then supper at 5ish - which also I am so scared I am doing supper all wrong - is about 6 spoons of cereal (having the maize cereal at the moment - the ped was so against giving cereal at night but they love it) together with 2 cubes of eather apple or pear, and 2 cubes of usually lentil and veggie mix... then a bottle before bed at 6:30... sorry for the long post with their entire menu but it is really stressing me out... do your kiddies also sometimes moan at feed times? its not always and it seems to be getting better... I dont know...

Lelanie - I think girlies are higher maintenance!! Shoshi, who is only 6 months also sometimes drives me insane - and Gavsie is such an easy going chilled little guy... I am hoping eventually they grow out of it... she is also a sweetie though - and i always get such a big smile like when I get home from work or something... but aaaah - the other morning I just couldnt anymore - hehe DH was sleeping on the couch and got woken by having a screaming Shoshi landing on him!!

no toofies yet... though I think shoshi is getting one also...

Elvera - how is your little lady?

Keisha - how are your little ladies doing?

NBL7p2

Old 2nd August 2012, 11:24 AM

Good morning, mommies!

Aviva, I wouldn't stress too much. Your menu sounds spot on. I had a debacle with Kay because the paed said one thing and my physician said another. My physician basically gave me a menu... the paed said as long as she gets her daily recommended intake of everything, it doesn't matter when she eats it... forcing them is also not adviced because they start associating food with stress. She eats olli, wollies and purity organics... one day she'll eat up a storm and the next day she'll only have a cereal in the morning, and a sweet potato and apple jar of olli (her fave)... the rest is just milk... but she's happy and healthy. I also let her grab off our plates so that she can develop a broad taste for food and textures. She eats everything from nando's to avo sushi (no raw fish yet...) Maybe I'm a bad mom, but as long as my paed says it's good, I'm happy and Kay's happy...

Lelanie, how are you? I'm glad to hear you're experiencing it too (not in a bad way). MissK also gives me such attitude. I swear she does the opposite of everything I tell her "just cause she can"... When I took her to her friends 7th b-day party, the other moms were saying the same, so maybe it's just a stage...

Aviva, don't worry about the toothies. They'll be prouting in no time... Kay bites, it was cute, now it's just eina!
2 X Failed IUI in 2010
2 X Failed IVF in 2010

Sponsored Links

Getslim.co.za banner