Getpregnant Fertility Support Forum  

Go Back   Getpregnant Fertility Support Forum > Welcome to the getpregnant community > Mothers Room

Old 3rd July 2013, 02:00 PM

Default Mommies chatting away - 2013

Here is our new thread....

TTC#1 =3yr2m
TTC#2 =3m
TTC#3 =2yr

Journey started: May 2009 (Gr II Endo)
Total cycles TTC: 64
Clomid/Femara/Inject cycles: 20
IUI: 2
IVF: 1
Lap/Hyst: 4
Miomect: 1
Polipect: 1
D&E: 2
Missed MC: 2
Chem Pg: 4

My Ovulation Chart
Sponsored Links
Old 3rd July 2013, 02:17 PM

Yay, good idea Jooste

Keisha - I am also in the same situation with C. She also wears 9-10, 10-11 even though she is just 8. I've embarked on healthy eating again and she eats healthily at home but there is so many sweeties and stuff available from friends and school and she tells me she can't say no
I still have so much of a hang-up about my weight and they way I was pushed to be thinner when I was younger, and I don't want her to sit with the same issues when she grows up BUT I also don't know how to avoid her sitting with issues, even if it is not from me pushing her because she can't say no

Jooste - How is baby Lee doing? Can't we see an updated pic a bit - pretty please?

Aviva - Would also love to see the bump, please share

Strigs - Congrats on the toothie. Your little miss is quite fast hey? Jason has only last thursday popped tooth nr 12

And yes the eating strike is definitely over, so yay for that

TTC: 4 1/2 years, 2 Angels in heaven
Old 3rd July 2013, 02:26 PM

Jooste: thank you

Lelanie: she is fast with teething and talking (toddler talking), fine motor skills. not fast with walking though, she loves shuffling on her knees these days, and she looks so funny when she is doing it

Mommy to my beautiful adopted princess-31 October 2012

Faith isn't believing that God will definitely give you what you want but faith is trusting that God is who He says He is
Old 3rd July 2013, 02:54 PM

Lelanie
She is doing better every day. Had those horrible 14 week vaccinations done on Monday and she hasnt' been feeling well since then (very needy and fuzzing all the time). Hope she gets over it soon. Gave her some Calpol this morning and seems to be working a little. Will remember to upload photo over the w/end. She is growing up so fast now.

I agree - if one makes a huge thing of the eating while they are young...it creates havoc when they are teenagers and spoils everything for them as grownups. No easy answers, because we also cannot leave our kiddies picking up a lot of unhealthy weight. Where to draw the line - so difficult!
TTC#1 =3yr2m
TTC#2 =3m
TTC#3 =2yr

My Ovulation Chart
Old 3rd July 2013, 03:08 PM

Unhappy

Morning Ladies

Jooste - liking the new thread name

R has the clear to fly on Friday, ears are starting to clear up now. Antibiotics finishes tomorrow night.

Lelanie & Keisha - it's a difficult topic and very hard to deal with - sorry I can't be of more help.

Strigs - LOL that sounds cute hehe! She will walk when she is ready.

Me: 33
DH: 35
Sponsored Links
Old 3rd July 2013, 04:46 PM

Natsk
So...lets chat up a storm!!!! I'm learning so much from all you mommies!
TTC#1 =3yr2m
TTC#2 =3m
TTC#3 =2yr

My Ovulation Chart
Old 4th July 2013, 09:22 AM

Good morning ladies,

Well done Dee on popping that tooth!!!

Thanks, Strigs , Lelanie and Jooste. We generally keep very healthy food in the house (no choccies, chips, sweets, etc). I've asked my personal trainer to see if he can work out a schedule of fun activities for her to do, so we can gym together. Her biggest issue is constantly eating. It's like a habit... Some kids bite their nails or suck their thumbs, she eats... I'm also sending her for an assessment with a child psychologist then a dietician. I know how cruel kids can be and I would hate for her to go through that. She even quit hockey because the other kids said she looks funny in her kit... I really don't want her developing weight issues at such a young age, but I also need her to understand the value of healthy eating. And Lelanie, I agree. I gets so difficult to control what she gets offered at school...

Anyway... enough off loading...

Jooste, I hope Lee feels better soon. I give Kay ibugesic after every trip to the clinic and it seems to help a lot. It's safe to use from 3 months on... How is the nanny handling her, now that she's not feeling well?

Natsk, Good to hear that the ear is clearing nicely. And enjoy CT! I'm jealous...

Ok, it's official! I love my job but I HATE the place I have to do it at!!!!!!!!
2 X Failed IUI in 2010
2 X Failed IVF in 2010
Natural BFP after lap in Feb 2011

Thanking God for my miracle.

Old 4th July 2013, 10:03 AM

Morning ladies

Natsk: Enjoy CPT

Jooste: how is Lee today? and the nanny?

Keisha: You are doing grt with the intervention and good luck

AFM: feeling well rested today. Dee slept very well too. hehehe, yoh its tricky to bath in the morning with hubby away. its either I take a bath when she is awake, and she watches me bathing, or I have to shower at 5am, while she is still sleeping. she cries if I shower and she is outside the shower. she is doing very well, no issues, 3 days without tummy drama now.

Faith isn't believing that God will definitely give you what you want but faith is trusting that God is who He says He is
Old 4th July 2013, 04:07 PM

Strigs
Can so identify with you. I need to manage showers very early (before she wakes up at 7am and after her 5am feed) or...else I will battle to get a shower in between her naps during the day.

Keisha
Think it is a super idea that you are taking her to a psych and a dietician. Tell us how things progress. Why is things bad at work?? Boss??

AFM
I'm going to let the nanny go tomorrow
DH realised that she is taking groceries from our kitchen without telling / asking. He noticed it the very first day she started, but thought I gave her permission to take the WHOLE BOX of rooibos tea. He did not mention it. But, then I've noticed a packet of chips gone the other day and yesterday a whole bag of baby potatoes went missing!! I'm not sure how to handle it tomorrow...she is not employed permanently and I told her lets just see how everything goes. But ai..jai..jai...I think I'm going to ask DH to handle it.
TTC#1 =3yr2m
TTC#2 =3m
TTC#3 =2yr

My Ovulation Chart
Old 4th July 2013, 08:07 PM

Jooste: Fire her, right now. You don't owe her anything! She is STEALING

Sponsored Links

Getslim.co.za banner