Getpregnant Fertility Support Forum  

Go Back   Getpregnant Fertility Support Forum > Welcome to the getpregnant community > Mothers Room

Old 8th January 2015, 08:14 AM

OOh Jooste - the screaming like you're assaulting them gets to me. One would swear you smack them with some hideous object with the noise they produce!
Sorry Lee is driving you a bit batty.
Glad Mr M sleeping has improved slightly.

LOL Helen - so did you finish the chocolate?

J is also at a particularly frustrating stage. He doesn't talk - he shouts. For EVERYTHING. I can't stand it. And sleeping - don't even get me started. We have nights where he sleeps really really well, through and all but other nights, he wants to sleep in our bed and nothing gets him out. What is even worse is the falling asleep. Nap time is no issue, but bed time OMW. I have to lay with him still, and some times like last night - he takes 2 1/2 hours to fall asleep. Not doing anything, just not closing those eyes. He went to bed at 11 last night *sigh*
Anyone have any ideas how to solve this one?

TTC: 4 1/2 years, 2 Angels in heaven
Old 8th January 2015, 09:07 AM
Super Moderator

Good morning Ladies

Soo glad I'm not the only one...

A tantrums quite a lot lately don't know what to do about it... I have smacked her bum while she tantrums, scream like a mad person, or just leave her her on the floor and ignore her but nothing... And then I get old people telling me their children never tantrummed because they didn't tolerate it WTF??? It makes me feel like I'm not trying to do anything about it.. and I know ALL children go through that fase so don't talk sh*t to me!

Ooh and that terrible crying I only shout at A stop it now! then she starts crying terribly and cries... eina eina mommy like I hit her, I mean seriously then it makes me feel so bad

And lately she is VERY clingy also started to cry when we drop her at daycare... so next when she starts the new school it's gonna be a whole lot harder...

raising children is not for the faint hearted!

BETA 5/3/2012 348
1st It's a GIRL !!!
2nd It's a BOY !!!

Old 8th January 2015, 09:22 AM

Hi all!

HAPPY 2015 to you and your families! WOW, it's been a while... I see that all the kiddies are growing beuatifully and the toddlers are driving the mommies bonkers, as they should.

A HUGE CONGRATS, Jooste! Wow, Mr. M already 3 months old??? And already prepping for number 3! All the best, my friend...

Looking forward to a new year, new start, new chapter in my life...
2 X Failed IUI in 2010
2 X Failed IVF in 2010
Natural BFP after lap in Feb 2011

Thanking God for my miracle.

Old 8th January 2015, 12:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melanie View Post
Good morning Ladies

Soo glad I'm not the only one...

A tantrums quite a lot lately don't know what to do about it... I have smacked her bum while she tantrums, scream like a mad person, or just leave her her on the floor and ignore her but nothing... And then I get old people telling me their children never tantrummed because they didn't tolerate it WTF??? It makes me feel like I'm not trying to do anything about it.. and I know ALL children go through that fase so don't talk sh*t to me!

Ooh and that terrible crying I only shout at A stop it now! then she starts crying terribly and cries... eina eina mommy like I hit her, I mean seriously then it makes me feel so bad

And lately she is VERY clingy also started to cry when we drop her at daycare... so next when she starts the new school it's gonna be a whole lot harder...

raising children is not for the faint hearted!
LOL Mel!!
OMW I HATE those old people that say SH!T like that! Idiots! They irritate me so much! You are right, it certainly is a tough job. I am also nervous about dropping R at the new school on Monday, we will see how it goes. When does A start?

Me: 33
DH: 35
Old 8th January 2015, 01:14 PM

Hi Everyone

Sorry for being so scarce, work has been busy!

Helen and Jooste - Good luck for TTC the next LO's, we are all here cheering you on. Jooste, I hear you on the January budget hehehe Sorry Lee is being so difficult, all I can say is that it gets easier, but it doesn't stop. Reece has his good and his bad days. I must say, if he misses his day time nap, it is 10 000 times worse. I cannot wait for school to start next week so that we can get back into a proper day time routine, as he has been at my MIL for the whole December as DH and I did not take leave, so he has sweets, coke and ice-cream every day, grrr! Ya, nearly over!! I am so grateful that they have looked after him for us, but just wish they woudd try stick to a healthy diet. I stopped sending any food because they would just send it all back. Enough about that!

Helen - when do you do IVF again? Really holding thumbs for you.

Keisha - welcome back! How is life treating you?

Lelanie / Mel - It seems everyone's kids are very tantrum'y at the moment, I am sure once school starts and routines get back to normal everything should calm down, gosh I hope so. Silly season!!

Jas - How are you guys keeping?

Now DH and I start counting down to our holiday, we leave 27th Feb for Ballito, can't wait.

We had a great Christmas and a very quiet New Year. Detoxing the body a bit before our holiday and cycling again, I want to rock my bikini ha ha ha!

How was everyone else's Christmas / Holiday / Break?

Aviva - where are you? I am dying for one of your funny stories. How is work from home going? How are the kids?

Some festive season pictures attached. Missed you ladies.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg P1130468.jpg (106.9 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg 10885197_10205260262492288_3211433318601069090_n.jpg (95.2 KB, 12 views)
File Type: jpg P1130499.jpg (112.5 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg P1130506.jpg (106.7 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg P1130528.jpg (119.8 KB, 10 views)

Sponsored Links
Old 8th January 2015, 01:19 PM

Some more pictures
Attached Images
File Type: jpg P1130547.jpg (103.0 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg P1130464.jpg (100.6 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg P1130591.jpg (102.6 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg Germiston-20150101-00879.jpg (56.7 KB, 11 views)

Old 8th January 2015, 02:12 PM

Natsk, If you are going to Ballito you must have lunch at Zara's in the Ballito life style centre. It is amazing! And visit Flag Animal Farm (Reece will love it) and Sage Cafe (very nice lunch for you and craft activities for Reece).
TTC#1:
4 cycles chlomid, 3 IUI's: BFN
IVF (Nov'12): BFP
Boy(1.234kg)/Girl(1.224kg) twins born at 27 weeks on 21 May 2013
Said goodbye to my precious son on 25 July 2013
LG came home after 76 days in NICU

TTC#2:
IVF Dec'14: BFN
FET Feb'15: BFN
IVF Apr'15: 1 follie, 1 ER, 0 ET : BFN
IVF Oct'15: cancelled while down-reg: SURPRISE!

Old 8th January 2015, 02:23 PM

PS Natsk, love the photos. I had such a chuckle about the one with Reece sleeping, because my cat sometimes sleeps like that!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg nikita.jpg (68.1 KB, 8 views)
TTC#1:
4 cycles chlomid, 3 IUI's: BFN
IVF (Nov'12): BFP
Boy(1.234kg)/Girl(1.224kg) twins born at 27 weeks on 21 May 2013
Said goodbye to my precious son on 25 July 2013
LG came home after 76 days in NICU

TTC#2:
IVF Dec'14: BFN
FET Feb'15: BFN
IVF Apr'15: 1 follie, 1 ER, 0 ET : BFN
IVF Oct'15: cancelled while down-reg: SURPRISE!

Old 8th January 2015, 08:59 PM

Hi Natsk,

I'm great thanks. The Pics are just too adorable... Reece is too cute!
2 X Failed IUI in 2010
2 X Failed IVF in 2010
Natural BFP after lap in Feb 2011

Thanking God for my miracle.

Old 9th January 2015, 09:35 AM

Hi ladies,

Tantrums - OMW - I think Chanel skipped terrible 2's and got it twice as bad when she hit 4. But we were very strict and it is getting better. I just cant wait for school to start and get everything back to routine, I do think that after a while they do get borred and the stimulation at school does help.

Helen I was laughing at the pic of our cat, it does look like the way Reese has been sleeping

Nats - your boy (and mommy) is gorgeous. Thanks for the pics.

Helen, when do you start IVF

Jooste - prepping for nr 3? Brave brave brave! GL friend!

Aviva, how are you doing with 3 busy little ones?

Keisha - how are you?

Lelanie, when is your big move?

To all the rest - hello!

AFM: We havent been away. Moved over December. My husband has been back and forth working so I did ALL the packing and unpacking except for 2 boxes. From the day we moved in there were literally 2 days where we did not have guests over - so I am feeling like I need a holiday LOL! The kids are doing great. H is potty trained, except he is sleeping with a nappy still.

Getslim.co.za banner