Getpregnant Fertility Support Forum  

Go Back   Getpregnant Fertility Support Forum > Welcome to the getpregnant community > Mothers Room

Old 12th January 2016, 01:37 PM

BB
Lee is also still on her dummy..
But, only during afternoon nap and night time. It took me about 10 days to get her off the dummy during the day and she is not allowed to take it out of her cot. (She is also still in a cot). She has a huge cot that converts into a 3/4 bed - so she is very comfy in that. Will convert it sometime during the next month or two and I've then decided to use that to get her off the dummy as well.

Plan to read her a story about planting her dummy in the garden (there is a book about it somewhere). Will see how it goes. Not going to make an issue of it. The potty training went so well - without making an issue of it. Planning on doing the same with the moving to the big bed and dummy issue.

Natsk
I'm sure that you have missed your little man dearly. But - it must have also been wonderful to have some quality time with hubby...or with a good book ...or watching a movie...or laying in the bath....or peeing without an audience....
Yes, Lee will be returning to school tomorrow, but luckily to a new class and with a new teacher. I am so OVER last year's incompetent teacher. I went to meet her yesterday and I am very excited. I'm sure it will go a lot better this time around. I prepared her for what we can expect from Lee (cyring so much in the beginning) - and she was so much more experienced in dealing with that than the previous 22yr old teacher.

AFM
Currently on CD6 (4th day of using Femara). Yikes..! THe hot flushes is driving me insane. But....at least I know there is some extra hormones in my system doing the job.
TTC#1 =3yr2m
TTC#2 =3m
TTC#3 =2yr

Journey started: May 2009 (Gr II Endo)
Total cycles TTC: 64
Clomid/Femara/Inject cycles: 20
IUI: 2
IVF: 1
Lap/Hyst: 4
Miomect: 1
Polipect: 1
D&E: 2
Missed MC: 2
Chem Pg: 4

My Ovulation Chart
Old 13th January 2016, 08:28 AM

Morning Ladies

Jooste: how did drop off go? Reece cried for his teacher from last year It will get better I am sure.

Everyone else? Who dropped kiddies at school today and how did it go?

Me: 33
DH: 35
Old 13th January 2016, 10:44 AM

Hey ladies

Helen - How did your bosses take the news about working from home?

Natsk - Good news about the Asthma

BB - How are you?? So nice to hear from you. Please share a pic of H?

Jooste - AF sucks, I'm sorry
How did the drop-off with the new teacher go?

Our drop off went well - I thought J was going to cry, as he was complaining all the way to school he did not want to go. Got there, he chose his locker picture - dinosaur of course - and he said ok, mom give me a kiss and you can go.
C also went well, she is happy with her teacher, which is always a bonus. Can't believe she is already in GR 5. I don't feel old enough to have a child in Gr 5!

Hope you all have a wonderful day

TTC: 4 1/2 years, 2 Angels in heaven
Old 13th January 2016, 12:53 PM

Hi Lelanie

Wow your drop off's went super well, that is fantastic! Time flies, children get big far too quickly .

Nice to hear from you again too.

Old 13th January 2016, 03:39 PM

Lelanie/Natsk
Great to hear that the drop off went well (lelanie) / Natsk - I'm sure that he will feel better in no time. At least you now also know that he bonded with his teacher from last year. Lee - on the other side - does not miss her class from last year one bit. I was very concerned about how this morning will go - but it went extremely well!!

So much better than last year and when I went to pick her up - she was playing with another little girl and she showed me some of the toys in the classroom. I was so relieved! Teacher also said that it went well. She will only be going 3 days a week, but if she settles in nicely, I might consider taking her every day.
TTC#1 =3yr2m
TTC#2 =3m
TTC#3 =2yr

My Ovulation Chart
Sponsored Links
Old 14th January 2016, 04:43 PM

Awesome news Jooste!

Old 15th January 2016, 09:08 AM

Thanks, Lelanie!

Did your drop off went okay today as well?? I've heard that the 2nd of 3rd day is usually not that great.
TTC#1 =3yr2m
TTC#2 =3m
TTC#3 =2yr

My Ovulation Chart
Old 15th January 2016, 06:33 PM

Hi ladies.

Hope everyone is well.

Jooste i am glad dropoff is better. Hope you feel better from the hotflushes. Keeping everyting crossed for you this month.

Helen. How are you and baba doing? Hope all works out with your job.

Natsk. Glad your DS is home and things are going so well for you.

Sorry if i missed some ladies.

Me.....

Well DH DD and DS where all sick the whole holiday. The first 3 weeks i got no sleep at all. I am TIRED .... DH and DD are still sick... they cough until they cant breath or get sick.... It scared the .... out of me when DD got to the point where she could not breath... after a dr bill of R5000 for the month of Dec to Jan i think we have a diagnoses. Whooping cough.... and it can last for up to 10 weeks... i am terrified to send DD to school because if she cant catch her breath who will help her? And dont want the other kids to tease her of she gets sick from the coughing.... she slep through the nigh last night after i put the cool mist humidifier in her room.... but had aome real bad cough bouts during the day...

I feel so bad because i cant do anything to help them... hope this passes very soon....

Good news is DH has actualy quit smoking from this.....

Anyway hope everyone has a awsome weekend...
DS - 05/04/2012
MC @7wks. 2010
MC @ 6wks 2010
Twins @ 9wks Nov 2015
Old 18th January 2016, 01:03 PM

Hi Ladies

Jooste: So happy Lee is enjoying school now,such a relief for you I am sure. Reece cried again this morning at drop-off. At least he had Action Ball today. He started swimming lessons last week Thursday, loved it. So he goes every week now. From Feb he will go twice a week.

Km3: Shame that is really awful, does she have a pump for when she can't breath? Good luck, not a nice situation at all. Wishing them both a speedy recovery. Well done toDH for stopping smoking, that is excellent. Do you put Vickson her chest and feet at night? And Karvol drops on her pillow? Maybe worth a try.

Old 19th January 2016, 10:08 AM

Morning

Natsk - Shame, the unhappy drop-off must break your heart.

Thank goodness J is fine, I would be so sad if he cries when I drop him off.

KM3 - Hectic, sorry you had such a rough break. Hope your family recovers soon

Sponsored Links

Getslim.co.za banner