Getpregnant Fertility Support Forum  

Go Back   Getpregnant Fertility Support Forum > Welcome to the getpregnant community > Mothers Room

Old 5th July 2011, 03:42 PM

Default new mom and having another.

Hi moms out there i have a gorgeous 9 month on babygirl and currently pregnant with my 2nd child.
I was'nt fortunate enough to breastfeed my baby as the nurses at the clinic gave her bottle,my milk did not come in,and she refused to drink when it did eventually come but it dried up after that and was very little.
Any advice on what i can take to make my milk supply more,before or after birth?
I want to really do everything in my power to breastfeed my secound child.

Thank you
Sponsored Links
Old 5th July 2011, 05:09 PM

Hi Kiara

There is something called jungle juice that you can make for yourself to drink, it is said to increase milk. I will go search for the recipe for you. Other than that - I suggest google, can always find lots of useful tips there

And wow, I would have been so peeved at your clinic!!! They had no right to take that away from you just because they wanted to do formula feeding, that is just not on!
Are you going back to the same clinic to have your 2nd angel too?

TTC: 4 1/2 years, 2 Angels in heaven
Old 6th July 2011, 08:42 AM

Yes i have heard of jungle juice but how soon can i start taking it?
Thank God we have moved so i will be going to a different hospital,hope they will help me to breastfeed.
Old 6th July 2011, 11:38 AM

Glad you have moved! Insist on wanting to BF your baby if that is what you want, most hospitals are very accomodating

Here is the recipe for jungle juice

60ml Schlehen Berry Elixir
1l berry or apple juice
2l cold water
1 sachet black current Rehydrate

Mix all and drink within 24 hours, then one L every second day. and u can add rescue drops although its optional. Great for breast milk production as well.

I'm not sure when exactly you can start to take it, I would be guessing if I answered that. But I would assume that it would only be once baby has been delivered

TTC: 4 1/2 years, 2 Angels in heaven
Old 2nd August 2011, 02:56 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to Jana Send a message via Skype™ to Jana

You can add 1 Cal C Vita to that recipe as well. It keeps your immune system up and makes for a different taste. I used to disolve the Cal C Vita in the 2 l water and then chuck the rest of the ingredients in.Also try and eat as much peanut butter as you can, something in it increases milk supply and remember the more you breastfeed the more your milk will be. Milk stout also helps a lot if you can stomach it!

I had a c sec with my son and my milk only came in on day 4 when my poor 4.3 kg son was already starving. I was on a permanent supply of Eglonyl for the whole 6 months I breastfed. I expressed as my son used to take 2 hours for one single feed and fell asleep the whole time. With my milk in a bottle I could at least see what he was getting in. My hubby and I still laugh when we think of the cold Coke cans we held to his feet to wake him up!
TTC baby No2, March 2011
IUI Dec 11-BFN
IUI Feb 12-BFN
IUI March 12 - BFP, MC @ 5 1/2 weeks
Holding off on TTC till Spring '12
Ovarian drilling no 2 July 2012
IUI March 13-BFN

Never give up!!

Sponsored Links

Getslim.co.za banner