Getpregnant Fertility Support Forum  

Go Back   Getpregnant Fertility Support Forum > Welcome to the getpregnant community > Mothers Room

Old 3rd February 2011, 10:12 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to Jana Send a message via Skype™ to Jana
Default Seeking a babysitter

Hi everyone

How are you all doing?? Leander is now almost one and as cute as ever. All is well and he is generaly a well behaved little boy except when it comes to eating. He has this thing where he refuses to swallow. My mom looked after him for two week while DH and I went on a romantic holiday and she figured out that it's part of a power struggle. He now swallows his food when talked to in a stern voice and the problem was solved. DH fed him the whole time he was here and the problem was gone but now that DH isn't here anymore he started again. Guess I'll just have to stand my ground!! He is also cutting four of his upper teeth at the same time, this little man sure is in a hurry to grow up!

I need advice, I need a babysitter from time to time and I don't know where to start looking. My maid is here on Tuesdays and Thursdays and I leave him with her from time to time but there are other times that I don't know what to do. I have tickets for the U2 concert on 13 Feb but I don't have anyone to look after him as his godmother is going with me to the concert.
Do you have any idea where I might start looking for someone to trust with my child?

Jana
TTC baby No2, March 2011
IUI Dec 11-BFN
IUI Feb 12-BFN
IUI March 12 - BFP, MC @ 5 1/2 weeks
Holding off on TTC till Spring '12
Ovarian drilling no 2 July 2012
IUI March 13-BFN

Never give up!!

Sponsored Links
Old 9th February 2011, 01:59 PM

Hi Jana,

I am the worst person to ask, as I am very clingy to my little girl. She is such a happy child, adapts well in school, happy with whomever feels like watching her, but I just struggle to trust anyone. Well, I trust the ladies at school - as I have no choice - and obvious my parents and friends, but she has never slept out of the house. And for that reason I haven't slept through the last 6 months of her life.

Good on you for taking a break with your DH. I must also consider it, as I think one tend to loose each other in the process of being a good parent.

I think when it comes to babysitting, do some research on the internet. It is nice to have friends looking after your little one, but then you also feel guilty by stepping on their toes if you are not happy when they do something you do not like. I think trust your instincts, look at reviews, and go by word of mouth. Good luck on your choice and enjoy the concert! I am so jealous! The last concert we went to was Daughtry, but we left early, because I still breastfed and Chanel did not take the bottle then.

Hiehie - I would also babysit, as I would probably be home with my little one.....but I think I might be a bit far for you to drive?
Old 9th February 2011, 02:28 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to Jana Send a message via Skype™ to Jana

Hi

I found two year one teacher university students who will be looking after him at our home. I wanted someone who would look after him here as it is the least disruptive for his schedule, especially if we stay out late at night.

The first babysitting is Sunday when I will be going to the U2 concert from 12 in the afternoon. Hold thumbs that all goes well.

Jana
TTC baby No2, March 2011
IUI Dec 11-BFN
IUI Feb 12-BFN
IUI March 12 - BFP, MC @ 5 1/2 weeks
Holding off on TTC till Spring '12
Ovarian drilling no 2 July 2012
IUI March 13-BFN

Never give up!!

Old 17th February 2011, 03:24 PM

How was the concert? And how did the babysitting go?

Getslim.co.za banner