Getpregnant Fertility Support Forum  

Go Back   Getpregnant Fertility Support Forum > Welcome to the getpregnant community > Mothers Room

Old 5th July 2013, 09:41 AM

Morning ladies.

I am so busy!!! I feel so bad for being MIA again!!!!

I promise I will chat next week. I scanned through the posts and just quick comment -

Jooste, if she can steal she can be dishonest in other ways as well.

Keisha, don't worry about the eating. Some children eat better than others. They all grow up. Some days Chanel eats like you can't believe and the next day she literally eats only sweets. Think of it this way, we also don;t feel like eating the same every day. U have a happy healthy little girl.

Hi Lelani, Natsk, Mel

Aviva, wow you did enjoy the shopping hey!

HAve a good weekend. Off to a meeting
Old 5th July 2013, 10:08 AM

Hi ladies

Happy Friday!!

Jas - how u guys? Howz H feeling? All recovered?

Jooste - yeah that is totally stealing!! Which also leads to trust issues which u don't need!! Make dh do it - I would!! what's the point of having em if u can't get em to do the stuff u don't want to is there any option 2 u have in mind? R u still planning on going back to work next week? Good luck!! The truth is u weren't all that happy with her anyways - I guess u just have to listen to your insticts...

Strigs - haha can also so identify - I bath at night when they have gone to bed and dh is back so he can listen if they cry... Tho they don't really wake up at night anymore... But just going to the loo with them is a mission - I swear gavi stands and bangs on the door if I close it!!

Keisha - yeah I would also rule out all medical issues first - to make sure its not sugar or thyroid or anything... And then sounds like a good plan! Shame man - its so hard because u don't want to give her hang ups but u also can't ignore a problem... Good luck!! Aaaaah things r never easy with kids!! what's up @ work? Sounds like u need a day off!! A shopping and spa day!!

Nat - enjoy CT - so jealous!! Take lots of pics of R on the beach!!

Lelanie - how u guys??

Mel - how u and A?? Miss u on here!!

Helen - hi - how r your twinsies?? Saw the pics on your profile - they r so beautiful!! Pls let us know when they reach the 2kg mark - we can celebrate with u!!

Everyone else - hello *big wave*

Not much my side - got a dr app this afternoon - officially a month to go - eeeeek!! Freaking out but trying not too... Living through those first 6 weeks again makes me feel physically nauseous - seriously when I hear of someone having a baby I am always so grateful the twins r not newborns anymore... But I guess it passes and they r so cute and gorgeous now... I guess betta pack the baby bag at some point too huh? Still no idea who is sleeping where - tho doing up both rooms - found stunning wallpaper so they will all look good... Twins side gavi's eating has improved - he is back to mush and eating betta - but shoshi has stopped eating as well... Aaaaah!! Thinking of going to see this brilliant nurse I heard about - almost time for their next innoculations anyways... And maybe a psycologist??
Nov 2009: 1 x laproscopy - severe endo cleaned
July 2010: 1st IVF cycle - BFN
Sept & Oct 2010: 4th & 5thcycle clomid - BFN
May 2011: 2nd IVF cycle - T"G its a BFP!! TWINS!!!!
Beautiful twins born 17 Jan 2012!!!!

So far mommy to 2 beautiful twins and my favourite surprise LG!!

NBL7p2

Old 5th July 2013, 10:35 AM

Hi there ladies! Happy Weekend!!!

Jooste, fire her. No excuses. No negotiations. If she can be dishonest about a pack of chips, she can leave a wet nappy on your baby for an extra 2hours... or give her a bottle that's 5 hours old. Let her go, and find someone else. Good luck and don't give up or settle for less.

Aviva, I thought your bag was packed already!!! Naughty, naughty... Please let us know how the doc's appointment goes. Shame, Shosi. I hope she gets her appetite back soon.

Elvera, how's everything going? How's baby E doing?

Jas, how are you feeling? I hope you're managing some sleep now, with DH back...

AFM: My boss has suddenly become painfully rude and moody. You should see some of the emails I get! My GOSH!!! You would think he's talking to a 5 year old... And because I love my job, I just do more than what I should and now he's thinks it's part of my job. I can take a lot of things, but disrespect is my breaking point.
2 X Failed IUI in 2010
2 X Failed IVF in 2010
Natural BFP after lap in Feb 2011

Thanking God for my miracle.

Old 8th July 2013, 08:44 AM

Morning

Jooste - How did the firing go down?

Keisha - Not cool of your boss, perhaps time for a one on one chat?

Aviva - Go and pack your bags!
How was the app?

All good our side, had the weirdest nappies this weekend, and felt two more toothies out yesterday - so that explains it. Eating is also going much much better

TTC: 4 1/2 years, 2 Angels in heaven
Old 8th July 2013, 09:31 AM

Morning Mommies

Do you use normal bath towels or hooded towels for your little ones? How many towels should I have for baby?

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Old 8th July 2013, 10:06 AM

Morning ladies,

Keisha, you don't need that at work now. I think you should take a day off and just relax!

Lelanie, congrats on the 2 teethies!!!! How is thie kids otherwise?

Natsk - enjoy CT!!

Jooste - we are all curious about the nanny issue?

Aviva, wow, one month....pack your bags!!!! Can't believe only few more weeks to go!~

Helen, thanks for the pics - your twins are beautiful!!!! You are coping very well! Please update us soon and we are holding thumbs to reach the 2kg mark soon!

Mel, how is little Alexis doing?

AFM: H has been vomitting again over the weekend and again very "snotty" ....but orherwise fine. We just don't win the sleeping battle.
Old 8th July 2013, 11:21 AM

Good morning all!

Jas, I'm sorry to hear H is not well... I hope it's all part of the flu and it'll go away soon... I still say you should hand the kids over to DH, take a day off, and just stay in bed for a full 24-hours...

Jooste, how did it go with the nanny? Are you looking for another one? How is Lee doing?

Lelanie, a big well done to J for the two toothies! I'm glad his appetite is back!

Aviva, is that bag packed? How are the twins handling school now? And the appetite?

Strigs, how are you and Miss D doing?

Helloooo everyone!!

AFM: Kids back at school today so yesterday was running around to prepare for today. I need leave, but I can only go in August when Miss K is also on school holidays.
2 X Failed IUI in 2010
2 X Failed IVF in 2010
Natural BFP after lap in Feb 2011

Thanking God for my miracle.

Old 8th July 2013, 12:03 PM

Good day ladies. I hope everyone had a brilliant weekend

Keisha: august is coming soon, you need the break

Aviva: how did it go with the scan? have you packed your bag

Jooste: How did it go with the firing and who did it?

Jas, Mel, Lelanie how are you?

AFM: went to see my mom, was awesome being there. Dee loves her granny place, she can crawl everywhere, plenty of space and corners for her. my baby is a knee walker . new mode of transport for her, and perfected. my granny was in stiches when she saw her doing that. am so tired, need a break, or a full time helper. DH will still be onsite for the next 3 weeks

enjoy your monday

Mommy to my beautiful adopted princess-31 October 2012

Faith isn't believing that God will definitely give you what you want but faith is trusting that God is who He says He is
Old 8th July 2013, 03:24 PM

Hey everyone!
Sorry - Being MIA...had some family dramas to sort out since Saturday -

(story for another day!)

Nanny firing:
DH handled it. And..he was so furious with her. She first denied it, then told him that I said that she could take it...then changed her story and said that she must have misunderstood me...then changed it again and said I did gave her the stuff and now I just want for her to look bad by denying that I have given her permission to take it. And...then finally she admitted and begged for another chance.

Needless to say.....she is gone.
Have a Plan B (one of the other nannies on my previous interview list). She will start tomorrow. I will postpone going back to work with another week. GOSH!! Such a mission - needed to phone and cancel appointments and things at work - such a mess!

Jas:
Sounds like you are still not sleeping much. Vrekked...hoe doen jy dit!? My eyes are like red and puffy this morning (Lee had a rough night as well - guess the family stuff did flow over to her and made her feel bad). They are so perceptive.

Aviva / Strigs
I can only giggle. I'm also bathing / showering at night when DH is at home. Only time to do so. Too scared that she will start crying in the mornings while I'm in the shower and then I need to get out and rush to give her a dummy or something. In the mornings I then just get dressed and blow my hair. Feels odd - am so use to showering in the mornings. But...I needed to figure something out. There were days in the first 2 months when I did not shower AT ALL for 2 days in a row!!!

Strigs
Yes...you do need some help. I've realised that as well with myself. We need a break sometimes. It makes BETTER mommies of us.

Keisha
What are you doing again? Advertising..hey? Pity that your boss is so horrible. It is so hard working at a place where people treat you like an idiot. (I've been there).

Sasi
I perfer the hooded ones. Lee gets a massage every night after bath time and it keeps her head (full of hair!) warm while I'm doing that. I have 6 towels. She tends to wee on it right after I've taken her out of the tub. (But...6 is a bit of overkill!) You will manage fine with 3 - 4.

Lelanie
So I guess...he is almost finished teething?
TTC#1 =3yr2m
TTC#2 =3m
TTC#3 =2yr

Journey started: May 2009 (Gr II Endo)
Total cycles TTC: 64
Clomid/Femara/Inject cycles: 20
IUI: 2
IVF: 1
Lap/Hyst: 4
Miomect: 1
Polipect: 1
D&E: 2
Missed MC: 2
Chem Pg: 4

My Ovulation Chart
Old 9th July 2013, 09:17 AM

morning ladies, how are the babies? looking forward to spring, must come soon. tired of dressing Dee in lots of layers.

since we went to granny house, she started with the habit of waking up @ 12 midnight, and wants to play, eish now back to sleep training again, and DH still sway.

Jas: how is H doing?

Mommy to my beautiful adopted princess-31 October 2012

Faith isn't believing that God will definitely give you what you want but faith is trusting that God is who He says He is
Sponsored Links

Getslim.co.za banner