Getpregnant Fertility Support Forum  

Go Back   Getpregnant Fertility Support Forum > Welcome to the getpregnant community > Mothers Room

Old 17th January 2017, 02:42 PM

Smile 2017 - the year of many blessings -

Hi everyone!
I really hope more people will join this year and that all the oldies will also return.
TTC#1 =3yr2m
TTC#2 =3m
TTC#3 =2yr

Journey started: May 2009 (Gr II Endo)
Total cycles TTC: 64
Clomid/Femara/Inject cycles: 20
IUI: 2
IVF: 1
Lap/Hyst: 4
Miomect: 1
Polipect: 1
D&E: 2
Missed MC: 2
Chem Pg: 4

My Ovulation Chart
Sponsored Links
Old 18th January 2017, 11:00 AM

Hi Jooste and everyone else

Happy New Year. I really hope 2017 will be a blessed one

BB - I'm so incredibly sorry to read about the loss of your dad

Mel - Congrats on baby boy's birth

TTC: 4 1/2 years, 2 Angels in heaven
Old 18th January 2017, 05:58 PM

My dearest Lelanie!!!
At last....you have returned!!!

Great to see an oldie again.

How are you doing? Children okay? Workwise? Hubby?

May you also have a very blessed 2017. It is apparently believed to be a wonderful year ahead. Or ...so they say...
TTC#1 =3yr2m
TTC#2 =3m
TTC#3 =2yr

My Ovulation Chart
Old 18th January 2017, 09:16 PM

Hi ladies,
Wow long time! How is everyone doing?
Jooste holding thumbs that 2017 will be a better year for you!
Bb so sorry to hear about your dad. Wishing you comfort and peace.
Mel congrats on baby's birth. A pic??
Hi Lelanie how are you??

Afm havent vbeen on here in ages. My girls are growing so quickly. Emily is now 7 months old. For the first 12 weeks or so she was very difficult. I couldnt put her down, ever. We nicknamed her Krakie-Die-Velcro-Drakie (because she wanted to stick to us like velcro and she made growling sounds when we put it down and then started screaming). Luckily it didnt last and now she is a very good little girl. Almost sleeping through. We had some trouble with her health though. She's been in hospital twice already. The diagnoses are asthma and an ASD (arterial septal defect aka a hole in the heart). The hole is between the upper ventrical, causing enlargement of the right ventricals and is not the right size and shape to be covered with a plug. It must be monitpred and if it is not closed when she is 2, or if she gets sick from it, shemust have surgery. I'm trying not to think about it too much. It is upsetting and I can't do anything about it anyway. Annie is doing very well. And we've started looking at houses! Unfortuantely not much on the market in our price class.
TTC#1:
4 cycles chlomid, 3 IUI's: BFN
IVF (Nov'12): BFP
Boy(1.234kg)/Girl(1.224kg) twins born at 27 weeks on 21 May 2013
Said goodbye to my precious son on 25 July 2013
LG came home after 76 days in NICU

TTC#2:
IVF Dec'14: BFN
FET Feb'15: BFN
IVF Apr'15: 1 follie, 1 ER, 0 ET : BFN
IVF Oct'15: cancelled while down-reg: SURPRISE!

Old 19th January 2017, 08:26 AM

Hey Jooste & Helen

Sorry you have had some issues with Emily healthwise Helen, here's hoping and praying the hole closes xx
Would love to see some pics of your girls

Jooste - I'm doing well, work is busy, kids are growing - Jason started Grade R this year and Caitlin is already in Grade 6. Hubby is good too, life is pretty "normal" at the moment, just the way I like it

TTC: 4 1/2 years, 2 Angels in heaven
Sponsored Links
Old 19th January 2017, 05:43 PM

Helen
Agge nee! Drama op drama!
But, holes in the heart tends to close up by themselves....don't they? Or...from what I've read and heard - it seems to be the norm that they close with time all on their own. I cannot imagine her being 7 months already. A adjusted well to having a little velcro-krakie (ha ha....so funny!!!) in the family??

Lelanie
Grade R!!! I can remember you being very surprised a while back seeing 2 lines on a pg test, when in actual fact you were just busy focusing on losing weight. What has happened in the meantime? Glad that life treats you well and that you are enjoying your family. Maybe in the mood for a "laatlammetjie"?

AFM
I started working today. Arggg....so out of my depth after being off for some time. WOuld have wanted to stop working until end of Jan, but all my savings are now depleted and I would need to go back full time again. Since my last operation in Aug, I have worked less and less and it really worked very well for me and the children.
TTC#1 =3yr2m
TTC#2 =3m
TTC#3 =2yr

My Ovulation Chart
Old 21st January 2017, 04:57 PM

Hello ladies

Thank you. Yes it's been a stressful, tearful time.

Jooste- have you tested yet? Good plan about waiting. It can just stress you- have they found a train why all the chemical pregnancies?

Helen. Great hearing from you. Sorry to hear about Emily. I hope the hole closes by its self!!! Good luck finding a new home. Are you still working?

Lelanie. Geez I'm with Jooste. I can remember when you got your positive with Jason!! Times sure flies & waits for no one.

AFM. Just flippen hot. Can't believe this heatwave. When is it going to end. The other day it was 53 degrees at 4pm. Can you believe it. We all slept outside. Put the mattress on the back of the bakkie & slept like babies in the coolness. Until the rooster decided it was time to wake up at 4am.
My breeding program with my dogs is starting. My female is on heat. She should go to standing heat in a week. Very excited.

Have a good week everyone.xxx

Old 22nd January 2017, 04:47 PM

BB
Hmmm...I can remember sleeping outside in the Kalahari when we use to visit my uncle's farm. Such good memories! Yah for doggie ready for breeding. Hope they know what to do (he he!)

AFM
I am CD32 today and started spotting. I never tested, but do believe that if I did, I would have seen a BFP....slowly turning into a BFN - hence another chemical. I am never late - except when I am pg. However, just not experiencing the BFP....and going through all the emotions, makes me feel a little bit less emotional. Yes, BB - apparently endo is the cause for the early deterioration of the implanted embie due to the havoc created with the hormones in the pelvic area as the endo spots excretes hormones themselves that are not conducive for proper implantation to take place.

POA: Will have a LAP and HYST within the next two to three weeks to remove endo. It has been 9 months since the last operation and FS wants for us to first remove the endo before starting more expensive treatment.
TTC#1 =3yr2m
TTC#2 =3m
TTC#3 =2yr

My Ovulation Chart
Old 23rd January 2017, 12:40 PM

Ai Jooste. But yes I can only imagine the roller coaster ride. Seeing a BFP and then turns into a BFN!!!! Not nice & stressful. Have you moved yet?
Hmmm well the last time my female was on heat, my male I think was a little immature. He kinda knew what to do but didn't actually do the deed. But he seems much more interested in her now, bumping her with his head, licking her ears & eyes. Apparently that's their foreplay. Cute to watch. apparently though the dogs must tie... be stuck together for 20-30 minutes. It can stress them out & also damage each other if they pull apart. So I have to be there to calm them. Eeck. Hope I don't stress more than them.

Hello everyone else. Hope you all have a good positive week.

Has anyone heard from Elize lately. I was wondering how she is.

Old 23rd January 2017, 02:19 PM

Hi Ladies

Not sure if everyone still remembers me - but I've been stalking the thread since I "left" only popping in to say "Hello"

Jooste - Sorry to hear about your endless challenges, sure hope they nip it soon...
Melanie - Congratulations on the birth of your baby....
Helen - I have a friend who's daughter is going through what your daughter is... except with them, its a VEIN not Artery.. but she also has a hole in her heart, she is waiting for her 2nd birthday (10th March 2017) before they can decide what needs to be done - hopefully the hole will be closed... It cannot be an easy thing to deal with as a parent.. hang in there...
BabyBaby - Yes dog do have to tie - I once saw a documentary that explained it from beginning to end - however, am not sure I'd want to be around when that happens, are they not very aggressive? I would personally sit in the house and wait for the deed to be done, surely they know how to deal with it, its in their nature? Good luck with that *smile*

AFM: Nothing much - 21 weeks pregnant after moving to Bio-Art. Expecting a little girl - Everything has been going smoothly except I was diagnosed a diabetic a week after we confirmed that I'm pregnant, my glucose levels are under control - Dr believes the diabetes will clear after I give birth (Gestation) and have no other issue other than that (no morning sicknesses, nothing funny)...
Cheers - until next time *waves*

TTC since 2011 July
IVF 1 & 2 - BFN
IVF#3 (Moved to Bio-Art) 2016
5 follicles, 3 eggs, 2 fertilised, 1 transferred = BFP
Its a GIRL
Due Date - June 2017

Sponsored Links

Getslim.co.za banner